- A portable source of heat, customarily oil-burning, used to heat an enclosure around or over newly placed concrete to prevent the concrete from freezing.
- A commercial high intensity grill used in restaurant kitchens
- A small circular metal block on the end of a metal rod with a wooden handle, heated to red heat on a fire or stove then held over the food surface to have the same effect as an overhead grill, nowadays a gas operated blow torch is often used for the same effect
- noun a type of high-powered cooking grill used in restaurants, where food is grilled in a more or less enclosed box, as opposed to an open griller
- noun a very hot iron block, formerly used to grill the surface of food