- masculine A hard sausage with excellent keeping qualities, variously made from fine or coarse chopped pork, beef or veal and mild or spicy often with peppercorns. Normally brined and smoked. Used for antipasto, hors d’oeuvres and sandwiches.
- masculine A hard cows’ milk cheese with a close-textured paste containing many small holes
- noun the penis. A teenagers’ term almost always heard in the phrase ‘hide the salami’ (a euphemism for sexual intercourse).
- noun a fool. A high-school and campus term.
- noun a dry spicy pork sausage, originally from Italy