- verb to take a small quantity of something to test
- noun a small part of an item which is used to show what the whole item is like
- noun a small group which is studied in order to show what a larger group is like
- verb to test or to try something by taking a small amount of it
- noun a measurement of a signal at a point in time
- verb to obtain a number of measurements of a signal which can be used to provide information about the signal
- noun a small group or portion taken to show what a larger group or product is like
- verb to examine or use a small group or portion to show what the whole is like
- To measure or obtain data in discrete steps or intervals, as opposed to continuously. Said especially in the context of analog to digital conversions.
- In statistics, a group or subset within a population. Such a sample is meant to be representative of said population. Also, to select such a group or subset.
- A given item within a group of similar items. Also, to select such an item. For example, a device which is selected and tested.
(written as Sample)A set of data about individuals or other entities of interest that is smaller than the population from which it is drawn. There are many ways in which this may be appropriately done, some involving replacement of subjects already drawn from the population (like drawing a number from a hat and then putting it back before drawing again), others not. Some common types of sample are: cluster sample, convenience sample, purposive sample, quota sample, random sample, sequential sample, stratified sample.
- noun a small part of something taken to show what the whole is like
- verb to take a small part of something and examine it
- noun a representative group of people chosen for larger audience research
- noun a piece of recorded sound or a musical phrase taken from an existing recording, especially in digital form, and used as part of a new recording
- verb to take a sample of recorded music, especially in order to use it in another recording
- noun a small quantity of something used for testing
- noun a small quantity of a product used to show what it is like
- verb to question a small representative group of people to find out what the reactions of a much larger group would be