- A description of the structure or aspects of a given database or database management system in a language such a database or database management system supports. For instance, a description in SQL code of the overall structure of a database, the attributes of the fields, and so on.
- In artificial intelligence and object oriented computing, a formal expression of an inference rule utilized in applications. A schema provides a general template, such as a class, while specific values, such as objects, are replaced in specific instances.
- An outline or model of something.
Information & Library Science
- noun an outline of a process, plan or database structure
- noun a mental framework of some concept, based on previous experience, which affects and is affected by further relevant information