- Abbreviation of silicon-controlled rectifier. A semiconductor device with four layers, p-n-p-n, which has an input terminal, or gate, output terminal, or anode, and a terminal common to both called cathode. Used, for instance, as a solid-state switch that turns large amounts of power on and off very quickly. Also called thyristor (2).
- acronym forsilicon-controlled rectifier
- acronym forspace-charge region
- A region within which there is a space charge. Its abbreviation is SCR (2).
- acronym forsequence control register
- noun a CPU register which contains the address of the next instruction to be processed.