- noun a device that codes a data stream into a pseudorandom form before transmission to eliminate any combination of ones, zeros or alternate ones and zeros that would cause synchronisation problems at the receiver
- noun a device that encodes a data stream into a pseudo-random form before transmission to eliminate any series of ones or zeros or alternate ones and zeros that would cause synchronisation problems at the receiver
- A circuit or device utilized for encoding a scrambled signal. Such a circuit or device, for instance, may divide the audio-frequency spectrum into bands which are displaced prior to transmission, and placed in their proper order by the receiving device. Also called speech scrambler, speech inverter, or voice scrambler.
- synonymspeech inverter
- noun an electronic device that makes telecommunications or broadcast signals unintelligible without a special receiver
- noun a motorcycle designed for racing across rough terrain