- noun the enhanced memory component that is replacing traditional DRAM; the memory access cycle is synchronised with the main processor clock, eliminating wait time between memory operations.
- acronym forsynchronised dynamic RAM
- Abbreviation of synchronous DRAM. A form of dynamic RAM which is synchronized with the clock speed of the CPU it is running with, to optimize its speed. This synchronization enables SDRAM to have no wait states, and in addition, such memory supports burst modes and interleaving. The speed of such chips is usually expressed in MHz. Also, the technology pertaining to such chips.
- acronym forsyncDRAM
- acronym forsynchronous dynamic RAM
- acronym forsynchronous dynamic random-access memory
- noun an enhanced memory component in which the memory access cycle is synchronised with the main processor clock, eliminating wait time between memory operations.