- noun the process of identifying plants or animals with desirable characteristics such as high yield or disease resistance as part of the activity of breeding new varieties
- noun an individual chosen from a group in a breeding programme on the basis of distinctive characteristics
- noun the process of choosing someone for a job
Information & Library Science
- noun a range of products and services available and chosen
- noun an act of choosing one person, thing or group, but not others
- noun the process by which an athlete is chosen for a team of competition
(written as Selection)used on labels of German wine to indicate a dry white wine (unless made from Riesling grapes) from a single vineyard and made with a traditional grape variety of the region.