- adjective choosing carefully between different possibilities
- Applied to a trade policy, this means one that affects only some countries, not all, in contrast to MFN policy. Selectivity is an important concern in the use of safeguards, which countries often would prefer to make selective but are required by GATT Article XIX to be nondiscriminatory.
- That which exhibits or is characterized by selectivity.
Information & Library Science
- adjective choosing what to do, say or buy with great care
- adjective choosing only one person, thing or group, and not others