- noun a device which removes something from a mixture or combination
Cars & Driving
- noun generally, anything that physically separates one part from another
- noun plates of insulating material which physically separate the positive plates from the negative plates
- noun a filter or trap
- noun a symbol used to distinguish parts of an instruction line in a program, e.g. a command and argument.
- That which serves to divide, cut, sort, isolate, or the like. For example, an electrostatic separator, a frequency separator, an amplitude separator, an information separator, or the dielectric material which isolates the conductors of a capacitor.
Information & Library Science
- noun a piece of card or plastic that keeps things apart