- noun the fact of working for an employer, or the period of time during which an employee has worked for an employer
- noun the work of dealing with customers
- noun payment for help given to the customer
- verb of a male animal, to mate with a female
- noun a piece of work done to help someone as a duty or a favour
- noun a form of business (e.g. insurance, banking, or transport) that provides help in some form when it is needed, as opposed to making or selling goods
Cars & Driving
- noun a periodic overhaul, usually carried out by a garage; includes changing the oil and oil filter, checking the brakes, tyres, ignition (usually changing the sparking plugs), electrical, fuel and cooling systems, and taking the vehicle on a test run to check the steering, suspension, and transmission systems as well as the performance of the engine and brakes
- noun the act of keeping a machine in good working order
- noun the regular working of a public organisation
- verb to check or repair or maintain a system
- The conducting equipment used to deliver electricity from the supply system to the wiring system of a building.
- Any activity involving installation, supplying, maintenance, or repairs. Such activities are meant to be performed by qualified personnel, and may or may not be a part of a warranty or other agreement to provide said services.
- An established or otherwise organized system which is meant to supply the needs of the public. For example, a broadcasting, telephone, satellite, or information service.
- Proper function or operation. For instance, the service life of a device.
- A level or category within multiple offerings or possibilities. For example, dial-up, cable, or DSL access to the Internet.
- A full set of crockery for a specific meal for several persons (usually 4, 6 or 12), as in tea service, dinner service
- The attendance given to customers in a restaurant by waiters and staff
Information & Library Science
- noun work which supports another person’s or organisation’s activities
- verb to clean, adjust and repair a machine so that it keeps running
- noun the act or fact or serving a person or group
- noun an act of serving in the armed forces
- verb to repair equipment and keep it in good condition
- noun a period spent working for a company, in a shop, etc.
- noun work to keep a machine in good working order
- noun a business or office which gives help when it is needed
- noun a system or arrangement of things that the public can use
- verb to deal with somebody or something