- The desired value of the controlled variable (i.e., temperature, pressure).
- The point, level, or setting which a control system strives to maintain.
- The point, level, or setting which a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system is selected to operate at.
- noun the body weight at which a person’s metabolism is naturally constant and balanced
- noun a situation in a tennis match in which a player has only to win the next point to win the set, or the point he or she has to win