- noun a particular figure or position which a device is adjusted to
- noun the action of adjusting a device to a particular position, etc.
- The position, direction, level, value, scale, or other manner in which something is set.
Information & Library Science
- noun the time and place where the action of a book or film happens
- noun the position of the controls on a machine
- noun a position in which the control knobs or switches of an apparatus are set
- noun the scenery around, or background for, a building