- noun a method of improving the performance of a PC by copying the contents of a slow ROM chip to a faster RAM chip when the computer is first switched on
- noun duplicate memory locations accessed by a special code
- noun read only shadow memory
- The copying of portions of a system's BIOS to a special area of RAM. RAM is typically much faster than BIOS. Also called shadow memory, or shadow ROM.
- synonymshadow memory
- synonymshadow ROM
- noun duplicate memory location accessed by a special code