Cars & Driving
- noun a thin packing strip (e.g. between wishbone and frame)
- noun a spacer required for the adjustment of valve clearance in OHC- or DOHC-engines equipped with tappets
- verb to modify by the use of shims
- A strip of metal, wood, or other material used to set base plates or structural members at the proper level for placement of grout, or to maintain the elongation in some types of posttensioning anchorages.
- A thin object or material which is utilized to fill gaps, level, or otherwise help fit properly. Also, to fill or adjust using shims.