General English


  • noun a hinged door which controls the flow of air

Cars & Driving


  • A movable cover or screen used to cover an opening, especially a window opening.

Media Studies

  • noun a mechanical part of a camera that opens and closes the lens aperture to expose the film or plate to light

Real Estate

  • noun a hinged external cover for a door or window, often with louvres and usually fitted in pairs
  • verb to close or protect something by means of shutters