- The frequencies above or below a carrier wave. These bands result from the effects of the modulation process, and the frequencies above said carrier's center frequency comprise the upper sideband, while those below are the lower sideband. Sidebands contain the meaningful information which wishes to be conveyed, and when only one of the two sidebands is transmitted it is called single-sideband transmission. During such transmissions, the carrier and the other sideband are usually suppressed.
- The wave components of one or both sidebands (1). Also called sideband components.
- A band of frequencies above or below a center frequency. These are the upper and the lower sidebands, respectively.
- Pertaining to a sideband (1) or sideband (3).
Information & Library Science
- abbreviation in Internet addresses, the top-level domain for Solomon Islands