- noun a machine that is constructed to look like an aircraft cockpit with a full set of instruments, in which people can be trained to fly a particular type of aircraft
- noun a device which simulates another system
- A device, computer, apparatus, enclosure, location, or the like which is utilized to prepare and/or experience simulations.
- software and/or hardware which enables programs written for one computer to work properly with another system which would have otherwise been incompatible.
- noun an apparatus designed to simulate effects or conditions for training purposes (such as the control of an aircraft, direction of artillery fire, firing of a missile, etc.)