- noun the execution of two or more processes at the same time
- noun two or more processes executed at the same time
- The simultaneous execution of multiple computer operations by multiple CPUs in a single computer. Such processors are usually linked by high-speed channels.
- The simultaneous execution of multiple computer operations by a single computer, whether it utilizes multiple processors or another mechanism.
- The utilization of multiple computers to perform multiple operations simultaneously.