- A computer operational mode in which each instruction, or part of an instruction, is executed in response to an external signal which is usually controlled manually by a user. Utilized, for instance, for debugging, or for detecting hardware malfunctions. Also called single-step execution, step-by-step operation, step-by-step execution, single-shot operation, single-shot execution, step-through operation, step-through execution, one-shot operation, or one-shot execution.
- synonymsingle-shot execution
- synonymsingle-shot operation
- synonymsingle-step execution
- synonymstep-by-step execution
- synonymstep-by-step operation
- synonymstep-through execution
- synonymstep-through operation