- A flat, horizontal (or nearly horizontal) molded layer of plain or reinforced concrete, usually of uniform but sometimes of variable thickness, positioned either on the ground or supported by beams, columns, walls, or other framework.
- The outside, lengthwise cut on a log.
- A door without hinges or a frame attached. See also flat slab and flat plate.
- A broad, flat, and usually thick piece or object, such as a thick quartz crystal from which blanks will be cut.
- verb to finish the preparation of an electrotype, by making the printing surface even
- noun a thick flat broad piece of something, especially when cut or trimmed
- noun a flat rectangular base or foundation of concrete or stone