- noun a hard metamorphic rock which splits easily along cleavage lines, used especially for making roofs
- A fine-grained metamorphic rock possessing a well-developed fissility (slaty cleavage) usually not parallel to the bedding planes of the rock.
- noun the list of major films that are to be produced during a single production period
- noun a list of candidates for a position
- verb to insult, denigrate. As used by adolescents since 2000, the standard colloquialism (originally a northern English dialect word meaning to harass or hurt) has stronger, more personal overtones.