- noun a person who sleeps
- noun a carriage on a train where passengers sleep on long journeys
- noun an overnight train with sleeping cars
- noun a share which has not risen in value for some time, but which may suddenly do so in the future
- One of many strips of wood fastened to the top of a concrete slab to support a wood floor.
- Any horizontal timber laid on the ground to distribute load from a post.
- noun a product which does not sell well for some time, then suddenly becomes very popular
- noun an agent who lives and works in an enemy country but carries out no action until the time is right (e.g. at the outbreak of war)
- noun a spy who lives an ordinary life often for many years before starting spying activities
- noun a book which does not sell well on publication, but which suddenly starts to sell some time later
- noun a heavy beam used as a sill, footing or support
- noun a sleeping car
- noun an empty room which is shown as being occupied on the reservations board