Cars & Driving
- noun a tube fitted externally over two cylindrical parts in order to join them.
- noun a paper or plastic cover for a magnetic disk
- An outer covering, usually in the form of a tube, which serves to protect wires, components, or devices. Such a sleeve, for instance, may provide physical protection and/or electromagnetic shielding. Also called sleeving.
- The grounded part of a phone plug, phono plug, or similar connector.
Information & Library Science
- noun a decorated protective cover for a record or CD that usually lists the performers and contents.