- noun a long thin hole that can hold something
Cars & Driving
- noun the period of time available for a TV or radio commercial
- A narrow opening, slit, or groove. For instance, an armature slot, a coupling aperture, those in a slot mask, or that via which a disk is inserted into a drive.
- To cut or otherwise make a slot (1).
- A slot (1) within a computer, into which expansion cards are plugged in. Also called expansion slot.
- To place in a slot (1).
(written as Slot)A 242-pin motherboard slot used for certain CPUs.
- A thick oatcake without fat, crushed and served with cold buttermilk poured over it
- noun the allocated place in a schedule for a particular programme
- noun a narrow opening for putting a coin into
- noun a set time and place available for doing something