- verb to break something into pieces, often using force or violence
- verb to do better than the previous best performance
- verb to hit against something violently
- verb to do much better than a previous record
- verb to press a folded signature before binding, so that it takes less room
- noun small change, money in the form of coins. The term is heard particularly in the Scottish Lowlands and the north of England. Shrapnel is a southern equivalent.
- verb to have sex with, penetrate. An item of black street-talk used especially by males, recorded in 2003.