- verb to take something into or out of a place secretly and dishonestly
- To take a good across a national border illegally. If the good itself is legal, the purpose is usually to avoid paying a tariff or to circumvent some other trade barrier.
- verb to take goods into or out of a country without declaring them to Revenue and Customs
- verb to import illegal goods (e.g. drugs, weapons) or import goods without paying customs duty (e.g. alcohol, tobacco)
- verb to convey something secretly into or out of a location