- noun computer programs and manuals designed for a special purpose
- A combination of application programs which are tailored to a given type of work, and which function especially well together. For example an office suite incorporating word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, and communications programs. Also called suite, software suite, suite of applications, package (4), application suite, or bundled software.
- An application program which is sold to the general public with all that should be necessary for it to work properly. This contrasts with custom software, which is designed to meet specific needs or circumstances. Also called packaged software, package (5), or prepackaged software.
- synonymsoftware suite
- synonymsuite of applications
Information & Library Science
- noun a complete set of instruction manuals and installation disks which enable a program to be used
- noun a set of rooms, especially expensive rooms
- noun a set of pieces of furniture
- noun a series of rooms which make a set, e.g. bedroom, bathroom and sitting room