- The design and construction of a building or unit to reduce sound transmission.
- The materials and assemblies used in a building or unit to reduce sound transmission.
- The use of fibrous sound-absorbing material in a partition to reduce sound transmission. damping in floor/ceiling construction has a wider application for impact sound than for airborne sound.
- The reduction of the magnitude of vibration or resonance of a surface or material, in order to reduce or eliminate sound waves. Also spelled sound-proofing. Also called sound-deadening, sound-damping, acoustic damping, or damping (3).
- noun methods and materials used to reduce the noise emitted from a property or entering a property from outside sources
- noun the act of protecting something against noise
- noun material which protects against noise