- noun a small piece of a machine that is needed to replace a piece which is broken or missing
Cars & Driving
- noun a replacement part, either available from a dealer or carried with the vehicle (like bulbs, fuses, plugs, etc.)
- noun a small piece of machinery used to replace part of a machine which is broken
Information & Library Science
- noun a component for a machine that can be bought separately to replace one that is broken or worn out
- noun a piece of machinery used instead of a piece which is broken or worn out.