- plural noun spare parts or pieces used to mend broken parts of a car or other machine
- adjective extra, not being used
Information & Library Science
- adjective extra to requirements and available for use
- verb to be able to give or spend something
- adjective kept in order to replace something which is lost or damaged
- adjective out of control, furious. The word, usually in the form ‘go spare’, has been in use since before World War II. It derives from the notion of excess.
- noun an unattached and presumably available female or females. A condescending, slightly archaic term, usually forming part of a phrase such as ‘a bit of spare’.
- adjective with a muscular physique and no excess fat