- noun a detailed description of the composition of something, of what is needed, or of what is involved in doing something
- noun detailed information about what or who is needed or about a product to be supplied
- noun a detailed description that sets out what something consists of, what is needed, what is involved, etc.
Cars & Driving
- noun a detailed technical description of a part, piece of machinery, plan or proposal
- A detailed and exact statement of particulars, especially a statement prescribing materials, dimensions, and workmanship for something to be built or installed.
- A detailed statement which describes and defines aspects such as the function, characteristics, design, manner of implementation, and intended capabilities of a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, process, or the like.
- The act or process of preparing a specification (1).
- A specification (1) pertaining to hardware, software, or networks. For example, that of a DVD format, or for the transfer of data within a network.
- A set of requirements. For instance, the power requirements, operational temperatures, intended capabilities, and compatible connectors for a given device.
- noun detailed instructions regarding information such as font, point size and layout that are sent with material to be typeset and printed
- noun a detailed description, especially one providing information needed to make, build or produce something