- noun a device used for harvesting potatoes. The potatoes are left on the surface of the soil for picking later.
Cars & Driving
- noun a knock-off/on nut for central locking wheels
- noun a bowler who specialises in spinning the ball; broadly, any slow bowlerCitation ‘If boundaries were extended, no second new balls were permitted, and outfields were made less lush, the spinner could come back into his own’ (Frith 1984)Citation ‘He [Shane Warne] is the most prodigious spinner of the ball of the last three decades, a gift which causes deceptive in-swing as well as excessive turn’ (Vic Marks, Wisden 1994)
- noun a ball bowled with spin on itCitation ‘He got an undeniable spinner past the stubborn bat of the Lancashire man’ (Westminster Gazette 2 March 1895)
Information & Library Science
- noun a revolving stand on which goods are displayed in a shop