- noun a special or small place
- adjective done immediately
- noun a place for an advertisement on a TV or radio show
- noun the buying of something for immediate delivery
- In gypsum construction, to treat fastener heads with joint compound material. As the fastener sets below the surface of the board, an indentation is formed, allowing a recess, which is filled by spotting.
- A specified point or comparatively small location or region. For example, a cathode spot, a dead spot, a hot spot, a focal spot, or a recording spot.
- On a display, such as a CRT, the luminous area created at any given instant by an electron beam.
- adjective referring to a news report that is broadcast from the place where it happens
- noun a brief announcement or advertisement inserted between regular radio or television programmes
- noun a lamp with a narrow, focused beam, concentrating the light on one spot.
- verb to observe and direct artillery fire (usually from an aircraft)
- verb to watch someone performing an exercise
- verb to identify someone, especially a performer, as having a promising talent worthy of being developed to a high, often professional standard
- acronym forSystème Probatoire d'Observation de la Terre
(written as SPOT)
Origin & History of “spot”
been borrowed from
Low German spot
to a prehistoric Germanic *sput
-, which also
produced Norwegian spott
‘speck, spot’. there
may also be some
Old English splott