- noun a computer printout or program that shows a series of columns or rows of figures
- noun a program which allows calculations to be carried out on several columns of numbers
- noun a printout of calculations on wide computer stationery
- Large, wide sheet with many columns that is used to tabulate all estimates and sub-bids when putting a bid together. See also bid assembly.
- A computer application which manipulates a matrix of interrelated cells, often arranged in rows and columns. Each cell can have labels, numerical values, formulas, or functions. Used primarily for calculations such as budgets, and for what-if scenarios. Also called spreadsheet program, spreadsheet application, or electronic spreadsheet.
Information & Library Science
- noun a computer program that allows the calculation of numbers in both columns and rows