- noun a wheel with teeth round it which fit into holes in a continuous strip of something
Cars & Driving
- noun a wheel with teeth which engage in a drive chain, e.g. a timing chain
- noun a wheel with teeth round it that fit into holes in continuous stationery or punched tape
- A wedge-shaped piece of wood attached to the upper side of a rafter at the eave to form a break in the roofline. See also cocking piece.
Information & Library Science
- noun a tooth on the edge of a wheel to pick up what passes over it