- noun the act of pressing or crushing
- verb to press on something or to press or crush something like a fruit or a tube to get something out of it
- verb to force something, or to force your own body, into a small space
- noun government control carried out by reducing the availability of something
- verb to press hard from opposite directions
- verb to crush or to press; to make smaller
- noun a means of government control carried out by reducing amounts of money available
- verb to reduce something adversely
- noun a girlfriend or boyfriend, a sweetheart. The word is inspired by the squeeze of an embrace and is often heard in the form main squeeze (which has the added meaning of ‘most important person’).
- noun money, cash. The word often has overtones of hard-earned or reluctantly paid money.