- verb to make the leading edge of one wing of a biplane project beyond the leading edge of the other wing
- To place at alternate sides of a center or given location, time, or the like. For example, occurrence fifteen minutes before and after an hour.
- To position or distribute in non-consecutive or non-adjacent locations. For instance, staggered tuning, or memory interleaving.
- In fax, an error resulting from variations in the position of the recording spot along a given line.
- verb to move unsteadily from side to side while walking
- verb to arrange vehicles or aircraft or men so that they are not in a straight line
- verb to arrange holidays, working hours etc. so that they do not all begin and end at the same time