- noun (written as Standard Time)a universally adopted time for all countries within a given time zone on the Earth’s surface
- (written as Standard Time)Uniform time observed within a given time zone on the Earth’s surface
- An hour of day based on a celestial parameter, such as the rotation of the planet. It may be, for instance, any of the established time zones along the surface of the planet.
- The average or usual time required for a given task, step, process, operation, or the like.
- noun (written as Standard Time)normal local time as in the winter months