- noun the relative position of somebody or something in a group
- noun a condition that is likely to change
- noun the importance of someone or something relative to others, especially someone’s position in society
- The state or condition of something at a given moment. For example, the availability of a device connected to a network, or the on/off status of a piece of equipment.
Information & Library Science
- noun a position in society or in a work schedule
(written as STATUS)an information retrieval package which works on the free text principle
- noun the legal position of a country, a person or a group