- noun a situation where the input, output and properties of a system remain constant over time
- noun a circuit, device or program state in which no action is occurring but the system can accept an input
- A type of equilibrium, especially in a neoclassical growth model, in which those variables that are not constant grow over time at a constant and common rate.
- For a given component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, mechanism, or body, a state which is attained after transients, fluctuations, and other changes have died down or otherwise disappeared.
- For a given component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, mechanism, or body, a state which does not oscillate, alternate, increase, or otherwise vary.