- noun the action of making something free from microorganisms
- noun the action of making an organism unable to produce offspring
- noun a method by which a central bank can prevent surpluses or deficits in the balance of payments from affecting money supply. This is achieved by either selling or buying foreign currency to offset the effect of the surplus or deficit.
- noun the destruction of living microorganisms to prevent infection
- noun the action of making instruments or areas completely free from microorganisms which might cause infection
- noun a procedure that makes someone unable to have children
- noun the act of making something free from bacteria or microbes