- noun one of several natural chemical compounds which affect the body and its functions
- noun a synthetic chemical used to treat some disorders and also used by some athletes to improve their strength
- noun a fatty compound belonging to a large group that includes the human sex hormones
- noun any of several chemical compounds, including the sex hormones, which have characteristic ring systems and which affect the body and its functions
- noun any of a large group of natural or synthetic fatty substances containing four carbon rings, including the sex hormones.