- noun a substance added to a fungicide or bactericide preparation to help it to stick to the sprayed surface
- verb to put a price sticker on an article for sale
- An additive that increases the strength with which water-soluble materials attach to solid surfaces.
- noun a cautious defensive batsman whose main objective is to stay at the crease rather than to score runs
Citation ‘Sometimes, when the ground is very bad, it is good to have a sticker, but taken altogether cricket would be very much better off if the whole race of stickers occasionally adopted a somewhat freer style’
- noun a small piece of gummed paper or plastic to be stuck on something as an advertisement or to indicate a price
- noun an unsolved crime, a case left open, in the jargon of the police