- Abbreviation of synchronous Transport module. Within the SONET standard, one of the defined transmission speeds. STM speeds range from 155.52 Mbps, to hundreds of Gbps. STM-1 has a transmission rate of 155.52 Mbps, STM-3 runs at three times STM-1, or 466.56 Mbps, STM-64 at 9.95328 Gbps, and so on. The equivalent electrical signal is called STS, with STS-3 corresponding to STM-1, STS-12 corresponding to STM-4, STS-192 corresponding to STM-64, and so on.
- acronym forSynchronous Transport Module
- acronym forscanning tunneling microscope
- acronym forscanning tunneling microscopy
- The use of scanning tunneling microscopes to study and analyze samples. Its abbreviation is STM.
- acronym forscientific, technical and medical