General English

Cars & Driving

  • noun a filler or putty used for filling holes, dents, etc.


  • noun a fielder, especially one stationed behind the wicket-keeper
    Citation ‘When the ball has been in hand by one of the Keepers, or Stoppers, and the player has been at home, he may go where he pleases till the next Ball is bowled’ (Laws 1744)