- noun a long narrow strip of fabric with a buckle
- A metal plate fastened across the intersection of two or more timbers.
- noun a blocked-out strip, usually at the bottom of a picture, over which text can be placed and easily read
- noun a long thin piece of webbing or leather, which forms part of a soldier’s load-bearing equipment or is used to fasten objects together
- noun a gun, in the argot of street gangs and other criminals. By 2005 the term was in use in London, too.
- noun a humorous synonym for jock