- noun a folding bed with handles, on which an injured person can be carried by two people
- noun a piece of fabric suspended between two poles, which is used to carry an injured person
- noun a strong, usually horizontal beam or bar that is used as a brace in the framework of a structure
- noun a brick or stone laid in a wall so that its longer edge forms part of the face of the wall.
- noun a device consisting of a sheet of material such as canvas stretched over a frame, used to carry someone in a lying position who is sick, injured or dead