General English

  • noun a folding bed with handles, on which an injured person can be carried by two people



  • noun a piece of fabric suspended between two poles, which is used to carry an injured person

Real Estate

  • noun a strong, usually horizontal beam or bar that is used as a brace in the framework of a structure
  • noun a brick or stone laid in a wall so that its longer edge forms part of the face of the wall.


  • noun a device consisting of a sheet of material such as canvas stretched over a frame, used to carry someone in a lying position who is sick, injured or dead