- noun a slip of paper left after writing a cheque, an invoice or a receipt, as a record of the deal which has taken place
- noun a short program routine which contains comments to describe the executable code that will, eventually, be inserted into the routine
- A short projecting element.
- A short section of a transmission line, such as a coaxial stub, which is utilized to change the properties of said line. Used, for instance, for impedance matching.
- A program routine that substitutes for another while the latter is subsequently accessed or written. A program utilizing remote procedure Calls, for instance, may use such a stub while awaiting for the remote computer to complete its task.
- noun a small section of paper left after folding