- To pay or otherwise sign-up for a given service, such as CATV.
- To authorize an entity to send information. For example to agree to become part of a mailing list.
Information & Library Science
- verb to agree to pay for and receive or use something over a fixed period of time, e.g. a periodical, a series of books, or a set of tickets to musical or dramatic performances
- verb to add one’s name and e-mail address to a mailing list in order to receive messages from a website automatically, with or without charge
- verb to pay money for a service such as cable or satellite television, Internet access, a series of issues of magazines etc